BISHOP COTTON WOMEN’S CHRISTIAN LAW COLLEGE, BANGALORE
Recognized by Government of Karnataka / Approved by Bar Council of India / Affiliated to Karnataka State Law University /
Managed by Karnataka Central Diocese of the Church of South India
 
  GENERAL ENQUIRIES
 
Bishop Cotton Women’s Christian Law College

No: 19, 3rd Cross,
C. S. I. Compound,
Mission Road,
Bangalore - 560 027.
Tel    : +91 80 2212 1898
Fax   : +91 80 2248 5542
Email :  info@bcwclc.com
 

 
 
 
  History
The Lord Jesus came not to be served unto but to serve. The Church is a serving community. To serve the needs of the public, the church established medical, educational, technical and social Institutions. Educational Institutions started by the church continue to pursue their avowed goals of character formation, academic excellence and all round development of personality of their wards. They also aim at inculcating values of peace and justice, preservation of the environment, national integration and globalization.
1865 - Bishop Cotton School was established by Rev. Samuel Taylor Pettigrew, an Anglican Missionary who was the Chaplain of St. Marks Church Bangalore. The school was named so in honour of the then Bishop of the Anglican Diocese, Bishop EDWARD LYNCH COTTON whose headquarters was in Calcutta.
1907 - At the request of the then Bishop in Madras, under whose jurisdiction the schools came, the Brotherhoood of St. Peter of the Society for the propagation of the Gospel (S.P.G) took on the responsibility of running the schools.
1911 - The School was bifurcated and the Girl's school was housed separately in Stanford House.
1947 - The Church of South India was formed. The school came under the jurisdiction of the then Bishop in Mysore.
1970 - The Mysore Diocese was trifurcated. The school came under the purview of the Karnataka Central Diocese.
1985 - The girl's school started a junior College.
1987 - The Junior college was upgraded to a Degree College.
1999 - The Bishop Cotton Women's Christian College moved into this present beautiful campus.
14th July 2002 - Inauguration of Bishop Cotton Women's Christian Law College
01st Aug 2002 - The classes commenced for B A LL B Mrs. A P. Porkodi took charge as the First Principal
21st feb 2004 - The new building was dedicated to the glory of God.
18th Aug 2007 - Foundation stone was laid for additional building.
BISHOP COTTON WOMEN'S CHRISTIAN LAW COLLEGE is exclusively for women and offered 5 year BA.LL.B course from 2002-2003 till 2010-2011 and offers 3 year LL.B course from 2007 - 2008 and 5 year BBA.LL.B course from 2012-13 and 5 year BA.LL.B is continued for III to X semesters.
BISHOP COTTON WOMEN'S CHRISTIAN LAW COLLEGE
The college is managed by the Board of Management of Karnataka Central Diocese, Church of South India. The Bishop in Karnataka Central Diocese is the chairman of the Board. Mrs. A P. Porkodi is the first and current Principal. In keeping our Cultural heritage, students are instilled with human values through various programme conducted in Bishop Cotton Women's Christian Law College. Bishop Cotton Women's Christian Law College is the right place for those who aspire for a versatile experience, wide knowledge and good scholarship.
Top
All Content Copyright © 2009-2016 Bishop Cotton Women’s Christian Law College      Design by: 3ACES